Corporate groups or groups of friends may race together as a team of five or more. Teams allow you and your running or
walking partners to challenge another corporation or social club in the spirit of friendly competition.
- Volunteer to serve as team captain and recruit five people. Each team must have 5 or more registered participants one month in advance of the race date in order to be recognized as an official team.
- Create a team by entering the name into the "Team Name" field. Once your registration is completed, the team name will
be added to the system within 1-2 business days of your registration.
- You may join a team until online registration closes on April 3 by selecting the team name within the "Join a Team" field during registration. (Note: Custom team bibs are no longer guaranteed.)
- Fastest team
- Largest overall team
- Largest UC San Diego Department
- Most spirited team
- Top fundraising team
- Top corporate team
- Campus champion
Triton 5K satellite races will be hosted in select regions across the country and around the world. Locate a region near you.
Make a gift here and identify the team you’d like to support in the Comments Section.
- Team registration is initiated by designating a team captain.
- Teams must have at least five members registered by March 10, 2017 to be recognized as a team.
- Teams of five or more will be announced on race day and have their team name printed on their race bibs.
- All team members must register by March 10, 2017 to guarantee a team-affiliated race bib.
- In order to be eligible for team awards, teams must have at least five runners registered.
- Team results are calculated by taking an average time of each team's top three finisher's times.
- Team participation by an individual does not affect eligibility to receive individual awards (i.e., Age Group Winner, Overall Champion, etc).
- Creativity counts so show us your Triton style!